Hey, thanks for reading! Sorry for not posting more frequently, but if you could read a few things, it would be great.
As much as we would like to continue and do more with TV-VCR, it’s rough. So if you like the site, and want to see it grow—or even go on at all, sadly—we’d be hugely grateful if you could do just a few things…
1. Donate to our Patreon—you know, if you can.
– It’s embarrassing, but we set up a Patreon, and if you have the means, it would help to donate a bit per month. I, and a few other talented people I’ve known for ages, have been trying hard to make this work with writing and art. But, seriously, none of us are getting compensated for it at all.
2. Share things!
– Yeah, we’re also shut-ins who don’t particularly like to share a lot on social media, but it would help a ton. Let the old I Watch Stuff people know; let your friends know; let random internet film-dorks know; let people you hate on Facebook know: TV-VCR is here with a uniquely dumb voice they should be reading. There are also sharing buttons to do this, for your convenience. (You can follow us on Twitter here, or just your editor-in-chief here, for sensually personal chatter.)
3. Also, could you whitelist us?
– We get that you have an ad blocker. We do too. But we always look at TV-VCR without one, and it’s totally fine. We have very marginal, unobtrusive ads. At the same time, we hardly make anything off those ads, but at least it’s something.
Anyway, thanks again for following. We appreciate and now weirdly know many of you, and we hope to continue and escalate our coverage in the future (where were IWS‘s film reviews, right?).
Hope to see you soon and forever,